- Do I need a Return Authorization?
Yes, we would prefer to issue a return number to ensure keeping track of your unit.
- What is your Standard Repair time?
Typically a Standard Repair is ready within 2 weeks.
- Are Credit Cards Accepted?
Yes, we accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- What is your warranty period after the unit is repaired?
All of the work we perform has a warranty of one year.
- What is your warranty period on a reconditioned unit?
We offer a one-year warranty on reconditioned units.
- May I speak with a technician?
Yes, our technicians are available to assist you when needed.
- Is there an expedite service provided?
Yes, with most repairs being completed within 1 – 2 business days. Expedite orders are billed at 25% above the standard repair cost.
- Does Motor Systems offer Programming Services?
If you have an uncorrupted electronic copy of your program, we can upload the program to your drive.
- Are reconditioned models available?
Yes, we have many reconditioned units available. If we don’t have it on the shelf, we will attempt to source the unit for you.
- Do you provide manuals or tech docs?
We have many manuals and documentation within the Information section of our website.
- I have an older Powertec Genesis Drive. Are parts still available for repair?
Yes, we maintain an extensive inventory of new parts, test fixtures and documentation for repair of both Powertec Genesis Drives & Powertec Motors. We also have many reconditioned Powertec Drives & Motors available for timely delivery.
- Is it important to have my Powertec motor re-magnitized?
Yes, it is extremely important to re-magnitize your rotor during the repair process. This will insure your repaired motor will perform to factory specs.
- Why won’t my drive power up?
It’s possible that your capacitors have failed in the power supply section of your drive.
- The cooling fan on my drive has quit working. Can I install an external fan to obtain the same effect?
Definitely not! Only original parts will offer specified cooling performance. Please contact us for assistance.
- I have a motor with shorted windings. Would bearing replacement be included as part of the repair.
In addition to winding your motor, Motor Systems, Inc. always provides bearing replacement as part of our standard repair procedure.
- When a customer sends their Kollmorgen Drive to Motor Systems, Inc., what level of testing is performed after the unit is repaired?
The drive receives a full-function testing, including being run with a Kollmorgen motor and fully load tested. We also perform an extended burn-in, ensuring the drive performs properly before it’s returned to the customer.
- I have an older Servo Motor that I suspect has a bad feedback. Can this be replaced or repaired?
Unfortunately, most older feedbacks can no longer be sourced. In these cases, Motor Systems, Inc. can usually cross-reference or specify a replacement feedback from a different manufacturer that can serve as an effective substitute.